|Number of Vacancies||2||Years of Experience||2|
|Functionality Area||Any||Extension possibility||Yes|
|Salary Range||As per AWCCI Salary Scale||Required language||Dari, English, Pashto|
|Contract Duration||Long term(three months probationary||Contract Type||Long term|
|Work Type||Full time||Location||Kabul|
Since 2002, many non-profit organizations started working for Afghan women’s empowerment and rights achievement. Almost all focused their activities and advocacy work on women’s political, social, and cultural participation and rights. None has taken on women’s economic participation or businesswomen’s concerns so far. The need for an entity to organize businesswomen’s voice and advocate for their interests is emphasized in the report; Women’s Economic Empowerment, Information mapping, 2002-2012, Afghan Research and Evaluation Unit (AREU): At the national level, an umbrella Afghan women’s organization is needed.
A group of businesswomen realized this need and lack of existence of a platform so they collaborated and established Leading Entrepreneurs for Afghanistan’s Development (LEAD). LEAD was established in 2013 and officially launched on January 22, 2014. It is registered with the Afghan Chamber of Commerce and Industries as a businesswomen’s association.
Leading Entrepreneurs for Afghanistan’s Development (LEAD) that got approval from the High Economic Council of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan presided by President Ashraf Ghani to become Afghanistan’s Women’s Chamber of Commerce and Industries on March 12th, 2017.
Vision: Afghan Women and Female Entrepreneurs have national and international recognition for their contribution to the sustainable economic development of Afghanistan.
Mission: To meaningfully represent and support women’s concerns and interests in the economic sector.
Goal: To have a viable business/work environment in the private sector of Afghanistan for women to participate and contribute to the economic development of Afghanistan.
LEAD/AWCCI conducted its activities towards achieving its goal and fulfilling its mission under two main titles:
- Unifying Our Voice – activities under this title meant to work with women business owners, increase their awareness and enhance their participation towards the common goal of reflecting concerns and interests of women business owners in the policymaking.
- Let’s collaborate for a Better Result – activities under the title were conducted with partners within and outside Afghanistan to enhance opportunities for women business owners.
AWCCI is looking for two SIYB Certified Trainers for the training of five days for businesswomen in Mazar-e-Sharif. This is a short-term position.
- Assist legal advisor on the collection of business laws and provide information about the laws to members of AWCCI
- Assist legal advisor on facilitation of training
- Participate in meetings of government authorities about modifications to the current laws, and provide legal advice previously set by AWCCI.
- Provide weekly report to legal advisor
- Other tasks assigned by the supervisor
Location: Kabul, Afghanistan
Contract type: Long term (Three months Probationary)
Salary: As per the AWCCI salary scale
Experience and Qualification:
Minimum 2 years of experience
- Bachelor degree in Law, or any other related field
- Proficient typing skills preferred.
- Knowledge of English, Pashto, and Dari
- Communication skills
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office products preferred.
Dari, Pashto, English
Interested candidates, who match the above criteria may send their applications along with their CV to the below-mentioned email.
Please mention the Job Title (Data Entry Clerk) and Vacancy Number (LA001) at the subject line of your email
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for written tests and interviews.