|Date Posted:||April 22, 2020||Work Type:||Full-Time|
|Closing Date:||April 30, 2020||Gender:||Female|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Nationality:||Afghan|
|Functional Area:||Any||Years of Experience:||2 Years|
|Salary Range:||Organization Salary Scale||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Contract Duration:||Long Term (3 months probationary)||Required Languages:||English & pashto, Dari|
A group of businesswomen realized the lack of a platform to specifically serve businesswomen’s needs in the country and the need to do policy advocacy so they collaborated and established Leading Entrepreneurs for Afghanistan’s Development (LEAD). LEAD was established in 2013 and officially launched on January 22, 2014.
LEAD changed to Afghanistan’s Women’s Chamber of Commerce and Industries on March 12th, 2017 through the approval of the High Economic Council of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan presided by H.E. President Mohammad Ashraf Ghani.
Vision: An Afghanistan in which Afghan women and female entrepreneurs have national and international recognition for their contribution in the sustainable economic development of Afghanistan and unimpeded access to economic opportunity and prosperity.
Mission: AWCCI works to meaningfully represent, advance, and secure Afghan women’s economic interests, nationally and internationally.
Goal: To create a viable business/work environment in the private’s sector of Afghanistan for women to participate and contribute to the economic development of Afghanistan.
AWCCI conducted its activities towards achieving its goal and fulfilling its mission under two main titles:
- Unifying Our Voice – activities under this title meant to work with women business owners, increase their awareness and enhance their participation towards the common goal of reflecting concerns and interests of women business owners in the policymaking.
- Let’s Collaborate for a Better Result – activities under this title were conducted with partners within and outside Afghanistan to enhance opportunities for women business owners.
- Research (academic and policy-related): The objective is to provide data that can be used practically in developing Afghan Government and donor organization policies related to women’s involvement in the Afghan economy
- Sales support: The objective is to make a tangible impact on women-owned businesses by increasing sales of products, through local and international exhibitions, differentiating Afghan women-made products in international markets, and the promotion of women-made products through the AWCCI’s communications channels
- Investment support: Mitigate risks and open up opportunities for female investors in the Afghan economy by providing market insights, improving access to finance, and facilitating access to infrastructure
- Advocacy and raising awareness: The objective is to ensure that the contributions of businesswomen in the Afghan economy are recognized and promoted, and the perspectives of Afghan businesswomen are considered in both Afghan Government and international donor policies and programs
- Capacity building for both existing and aspired entrepreneurs: The objective is to provide training to Afghan businesswomen and entrepreneurs to increase their knowledge in various subjects related to business. AWCCI has and would like to maintain a A-Z guide for both expansions and start-up in both national languages Dari and Pashto.
AWCCI has launched Bibi Khadija Marketing and Environment Revolving Fund using the Small Grants Program by UNDP for women to have easy and no-interest loans for environmental protection and conservation by women businesses.
Vacancy Number: LA001
Posted on: 22-4-2020
Expired on: 30-4-2020
- Assist legal advisor on the collection of business laws and provide information about the laws to members of AWCCI
- Assist legal advisor on facilitation of training
- Participate in meetings of government authorities about modifications to the current laws, and provide legal advice previously set by AWCCI.
- Provide weekly report to the legal advisor
- Other tasks assigned by the supervisor
Location: Kabul, Afghanistan
Contract type: Long term (Three months Probationary)
Salary: As per AWCCI salary scale
Experience and Qualification:
Minimum 2 years of experience
- Bachelor degree in Law, or any other related field
- Proficient typing skills preferred.
- Knowledge of English, Pashto and Dari
- Communication skills
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office products preferred.
Dari, Pashto, English
Interested candidates, who match the above criteria may send their applications along with their CV to the below-mentioned email.
Please mention the Job Title (Legal Assistant) and Vacancy Number (LA001) at the subject line of your email
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for written test and interview.