|Date Posted:||7-20-2020||Work Type:||Full-Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Nationality:||Afghan|
|Functional Area:||Any||Years of Experience:||3 Years|
|Salary Range:||Organization Salary Scale||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Contract Duration:||Long term (Three months Probationary)||Required Languages:||English & pashto, Dari|
A group of businesswomen realized lack of a platform to specifically serve businesswomen’s needs in the country and the need to do policy advocacy so they collaborated and established Leading Entrepreneurs for Afghanistan’s Development (LEAD). LEAD was established in 2013 and officially launched on January 22, 2014.
LEAD changed to Afghanistan’s Women’s Chamber of Commerce and Industries on March 12th, 2017 through the approval of the High Economic Council of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan presided by H.E. the President Mohammad Ashraf Ghani.
Vision: An Afghanistan in which Afghan women and female entrepreneurs have national and international recognition for their contribution in the sustainable economic development of Afghanistan and unimpeded access to economic opportunity and prosperity.
Mission: AWCCI works to meaningfully represent, advance, and secure Afghan women’s economic interests, nationally and internationally.
Goal: To create a viable business/work environment in the privates sector of Afghanistan for women to participate and contribute the economic development of Afghanistan.
AWCCI conducted its activities towards achieving its goal and fulfilling its mission under two main titles:
- Unifying Our Voice – activities under this title meant to work with women business owners, increase their awareness and enhance their participation towards the common goal of reflecting concerns and interests of women business owners in the policy making.
- Let’s Collaborate for a Better Result – activities under this title were conducted with partners within and outside Afghanistan to enhance opportunities for women business owners.
- Research (academic and policy related): The objective is to provide data that can be used practically in developing Afghan Government and donor organization polices related to women’s involvement in the Afghan economy
- Sales support: The objective is to make a tangible impact on women-owned businesses by increasing sales of products, through local and international exhibitions, differentiating Afghan women-made products in international markets, and the promotion of women-made products through the AWCCI’s communications channels
- Investment support: Mitigate risks and open up opportunities for female investors in the Afghan economy by providing market insights, improving access to finance, and facilitating access to infrastructure
- Advocacy and raising awareness: The objective is to ensure that the contributions of businesswomen in the Afghan economy are recognized and promoted, and the perspectives of Afghan businesswomen are considered in both Afghan Government and international donor policies and programs
- Capacity building for both existing and aspired entrepreneurs: The objective is to provide training to Afghan businesswomen and entrepreneurs to increase their knowledge in various subjects related to business. AWCCI has and would like to maintain a A-Z guide for both expansions and start-up in both national languages Dari and Pashto.
AWCCI has launched Bibi Khadija Marketing and Environment Revolving Fund using the Small Grants Program by UNDP for women to have easy and no-interest loan for environmental protection and conservation by women businesses.
The Public and International Relation Officer will work under the supervision and with the direct support of AWCCI Management and Board of Directors. She reports to the Deputy to CEO on weekly, monthly and yearly basis and have permanent and effective communication with all departments of AWCCI, AWCCI Main Office, Zone offices, members, government and non-government organizations, media and others.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and design media updates, new briefs and communication materials to share essential information with members in Database
- Newsletter production, Report, Success Business stories( English/Dari)
- Prepare Booklet quarterly of AWCCI members
- Arrange media related special events of AWCCI/Press Release
- Desk study of all the economic reports, researches
- Provide information about world opportunities to AWCCI and women businesses
- Maintain Communication with all relevant Zone Offices Board of Directors and Managers
- Promote AWCCI activities through social media
- Sharing Economic updates, RFPs, EOIs, and other opportunities with members in Database
- Liaising with, and answering enquiries from media, individuals and other organizations
- Coordinate with Women Business Owners, understanding the perception and Concerns of the public, and by responding to them accordingly through various channels
- Analyzing the public needs
- Analyzing the situation of public and demand
- Properly maintain all essential reports/news/success stories
- Filling High Economic Council Documents
- Photo Library
Long term (Three-month probation period)
As per AWCCI salary scale
Bachelor of Public Relations, or Journalism, or English, or any other related field
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Research skills
- Writing skills
Pashto, Dari, English
Interested candidates, who matches the above criteria may send their applications along with their CV to the below mentioned email.
Please mention the Job Title (P & IR Officer) and Vacancy Number (PR 001) at the subject line of your email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for written test and interview.